Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is nudity actually legal on Haulover Beach?
A: Yes! The northern part of Haulover Beach has been officially designated as the “clothing-optional” part of the beach. So long as you remain in the clearly-identified portion of the beach designated as “clothing-optional” you are complying with the local law.
Q: Can I have sex/partake in sexual activity on the beach?
A: Removing your clothing and being nude is legal on Haulover Beach. However, nude does NOT mean lewd! People conducting themselves in a lewd manner WILL be arrested by the police, and face very serious legal penalties.
Q: Who goes to Haulover Beach?
A: Every walk of life – People of all races, ethnicity, of all shapes, sizes, and from every part of the world. Haulover Beach is world-famous, so people visit South Florida for the express reason of enjoying the gorgeous clothing-optional beach at Haulover Beach Park.
Q: What if I recognize someone at Haulover Beach?
A: Go say hello to them! There’s no need to be ashamed of enjoying the beach in your own skin. Chances are, if they are not already sunbathing nude, they will join in as soon as they see that everyone else is doing so.
Q: Are there any refreshments or chairs available to rent?
A: Glad that you asked! There is a snack cart situated in the clothing optional area most days, as well as chairs available to rent.
Q: Is there anything else I should be aware of before going to Haulover Beach?
A: Absolutely – be sure to bring (and wear!) plenty of sunscreen, and the following:
- Please do not bring alcohol or glass containers to the beach.
- Stay hydrated! Drink lots of water.
- Please pick up any trash that you see on the beach, and be sure to throw all of your trash in the bins before leaving.
- Dispose of all cigarette butts appropriately.
- Please do not photograph people without first asking their permission.
- Obey all lifeguards and posted warnings.
- Please do not bring any dogs or other pets onto the beach.
- Have FUN! We guarantee you’ll want to return.